- About Orienteering
- Upcoming Events
- Get Better
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
General Event Information
Quantico Orienteering Club events usually take place on Sundays, with a start window running from 11am to 1:30pm EST. Courses close and everyone is required to report back to the finish by 3 pm EST. Events typically include a range of courses, including ones suitable for beginners. Volunteers will be on hand during the start window to give beginner's instruction. Exceptions to these general event parameters will be described in the meet announcement and meet notes for individual events.
Regular adult registration fees are $6 for individual club members and visitors who are members of Orienteering USA-affiliated or foreign orienteering clubs and $10 for non-members. For juniors (20 years old or less), registration fees are $6 for non-members and $4 for members. Registration fees cover the provision of one map. An additional map for a second course is $2. Participants are welcome to copy a second course onto any map they've already paid for that day without paying any additional fee.
Group Fees are determined as follows: the most senior/costliest member of the group pays the fee associated with their individual fee category and receives a map. Each additional map the group wants is $4 more. A group is defined as the set of people sharing one control card (or one e-punch), and all starting together (a "starting unit").
|Adult registration fee for members (of QOC, OUSA-affiliated and foreign clubs)||$6|
|Junior (20 years old or less) registration fee for members||$4|
|Adult registration fee for non-members||$10|
|Junior (20 years old or less) registration fee for non-members||$6|
|Additional map (e.g. second course)||$2|
|Other (non-map) fees||Amount|
|Epunch replacement if lost||$40.00|
|Compass replacement if lost||$15.00|
|Whistle (sale not rental, recommended but not required)||$1.00|
QOC membership can be purchased or renewed at any QOC event or through this web site via our Membership page. Annual membership fees are $20.00 per individual or $30 per family or group (such as school). Non-members participating in an event who decide to join that day can count their registration fee towards the cost of their membership.
At this time, QOC only accepts payment by cash or check at events, or by credit card or PayPal online, for those (few) events offering pre-registration.
Map fee examples
- Non-member husband and wife (adult) couple, going out together (i.e. one control card, one start time): $10 total if they want 1 map, $14 if they want two maps.
- Team of 3 adult adventure racers, one of whom is a member, all going out together, wanting 3 maps: $10+$4+$4= $18 total.
- Non-member family of 4 consisting of 2 adults and 2 juniors, all going out together, wanting one map: $10.
- Two Boy Scouts (both non-member juniors), going out together: $6 if they want a total of one map, $10 if they want 2 maps.
- Four teenagers (non-member juniors), wanting two maps, but going out in two "starting units", wanting one map per starting group: $6 per starting unit, for a total of $12 for the 4 of them.
- Member family, consisting of 3 starting units (one adult, one adult plus one child, and one child, each unit wanting one map): $(6+6+4)=$16 total for family.
If this policy is unclear, please ask (or make suggestions) for clarification!